Jones & Cleary Cares About Roofing Safety
Roofing is one of the most hazardous occupations in the construction industry. According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), falls are the #2 cause of fatalities in the American workplace. With these imposing statistics in mind, Jones & Cleary follows the OSHA safety and fall protection standards for roofers to the letter on every project, every day, and for every person on the job site.
Our attitude toward safety for our workers, customers, and public: The project does not begin until every team member is aware of–and prepared for–every hazard he might encounter. Jones & Cleary provides the tools, PPE, training and continued support required to run a safe and efficient roofing project.
Our approach to roofing safety begins with:
- Site-specific safety plans for every project.
- Our daily “Safety Card” informs team members of all potential hazards at the job site.
- Weekly “Toolbox Talks” with team members to review industry safety topics.
- Manufacturer training and certification for material installations and repair.
- Third party safety training for workers and foreman.
- Scaffold erection and use training and certification.
- Regular foreman safety meetings focused on safety and supervision.
- 10 hour and 30 hour OSHA Safety Program documentation.
- Our annual company wide “Safety Fest,” where we review the past year’s safety results and train for the new challenges ahead.
Jones & Cleary's safety accolades:
- LEADER status in the Chicagoland Roofing Safety Partnership Program with OSHA.
- A consistently low experience modification rate (EMR)with our insurers.
- CERTA certified in torch welding modified bitumen roofing materials.
Contact Jones & Cleary for more info on our safety practices and certifications.